Wednesday, November 25, 2009

IE can connect 2 internet, but ALL other programs e.g. MSN cannot see even that I am connected to th

I was perfectly able to connect to the internet using my browsers and any other program as well. Following using a program that clean registry, I still able to connect to the internet using any browser, but all other programs can not connect to the internet anymore, even the update engines in all programs cannot update anymore. All of these programs gave me an error massage denoting that my computer has no internet connection. I re-install windows xp once more; still the problem is the same. Currently I don鈥檛 use any firewall or anti- virus/spy programs. I will appreciate any help. Thank you.



IE can connect 2 internet, but ALL other programs e.g. MSN cannot see even that I am connected to the interneties





1st off, you didnt' have to reinstall XP. Now that you have, make sure to run your Network Connection wizard to reestablish your Internet connection. Your settings for your connection were probably lost, and all you had to do was to reconnect/reset/repair the connection. Reset your modem also. Reinstalling XP was overkill.



Check the networking forum and faq on dslreports.com for additional hints and tips.



IE can connect 2 internet, but ALL other programs e.g. MSN cannot see even that I am connected to the internetwindows update internet explorer



Did you just download service pack 2? If so, it automatically updates and gives you a firewall... you need to check the configuration of your firewall that was installed...there should be a small shield in the bottom right hand corner of your screen, check it out and see what it says.
do you have an anti virus or zone alarm? try checking the security settings on your windows fire wall... only if ur useing win XP try disabling them
An internet connection can become slow or stop working due to a number of reasons depending on the type of the connection. Many of the problems can be solved by making software changes or small hardware corrections. Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yl62gz

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting