Friday, November 27, 2009

IE keeps hanging up on My Yahoo. Why?

When I try to sign in to My Yahoo, IE7 hangs up. It keeps trying to open the page, but never does. (The status bar indicates this is the page is trying to load.) This has just started happening. I know it is not an Internet problem because I can sign in using Firefox. Any ideas?



IE keeps hanging up on My Yahoo. Why?windows media





If you can use firefox, then its something to do with a .dll, browser extension or some setting in IE. Optimize IE by going to start, run - inetcpl.cpl.



Under browsing history, click delete, delete all,



Security tab, reset all zones to default,



Privacy tab, set to default



Programs tab - check "Make sure IE is default browser" and click make default.



Advanced, scroll down a little bit, see "Enable third party browser extensions". Uncheck it, click apply, ok and try IE.



If that doesn't work, try start, run - inetcpl.cpl, click advanced tab and click on reset under reset internet explorer settings.



Hope this works.



IE keeps hanging up on My Yahoo. Why?microsoft exchange internet explorer



Get rid of IE 7. Uninstall it (then IE 6 will appear) or download Mozilla Firefox. www.mozilla.com. You uninstall IE 7 under Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.
Hi trailerqueen75,



You migh try this.



Goto My Yahoo and sign in, then refresh the page and then see if that works. If not, then I would think that you have messed with settings somewhere. If so, go back and re-check those settings.



I have and have used IE7 BEFORE anyone else could even come close to getting it. (If that tells you anything) and it has been working flawlessly since.



I will NEVER ( %26lt;--- see that "NEVER") go back to IE6 and I will NEVER use a browser (no names firefox mentioned) that has MORE problems then IE. It is the user that HAS to set things up JUST like the OS itself.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting